.eth Websites Subgroup Meeting May 10, 2022
Leaders attending: @neiman , Symead, @Elle97
Community attending: @inplco , tomlightning, CerealSabre, Chris Power, Brian Soule, Greg Skriloff, Adam Azad, Dave Montali, Fabio Scalini, John Kelleher, Zett Z.
- During the introduction Brian Soule mentioned the topic of accessibility of .eth websites, and an idea of an uptime dashboard to check the availability of different services and tools to access .eth websites.
- Three projects presented easy tools for creating .eth websites. Nimi began last month in the Hackathon in Amsterdam and showed their plan. Greg Skriloff showed a demo of a tool for creating personal .eth websites. Brian Soule described what simple.eth are working on.
- Nimi mentioned that every ENS name should point to a .eth website. A statistic of how many ENS names have set contenthash can be found here.
- There is a need for further decentralization of the whole .eth web stack.
- Greg Skriloff raised the idea of an ENS community IPFS pinning service. Neiman further noted that such a service can pin every content that an ENS name points to, up to a certain size. CerealSabre from eth.limo noted they are working on an API that will make this task easier. A discussion about the topic will be opened in the ENS forum.
- Brian Soule noted that the different projects could collaborate. Neiman opened after the meeting a channel of .eth websites generator at Esteroids channel (join here).
This was the second meeting of the .eth websites Subgroup, with even higher participation than before (14 attendees). Thanks to all participants.