Time/Day – 12pm ET, Tuesdays.
Google Meet Link – https://meet.google.com/iko-moej-rxc
- General DAO News
- Budget Post Review
- Presentations (Angela)
- Open space for additional topics
coltron.eth, vegapy.eth, simona.eth, alisha.eth, alexandro netto, daniel hannum, emmanuel ikwuoma, greg skriloff, limes.eth, maintainer, marcus am, marcus estmcmxci, senad dilji, team TE academy, yungsb, 184.eth
ENS DAO Telegram channel
- Stay up-to-date on active ENS DAO proposals - Follow the tweet to Subscribe to notifications.
- This telegram group has been setup to send out a notifications anytime there is an executable proposal.
- Automatic, private, notification only, and we can add notifications over time.
- Intended as a low frequency channel to get notified about executabel proposals. (Social proposals may be added later).
Executable Vote for EP4.1.
- Read up on the proposal: [EP 4.1] [Executable] Approve further actions and strategies for the Endowment.
- The vote is live, has reached quorum, and is expected to pass, with the voting window closing late on 2nd August (UTC).
Security advisory: A malicious DAO update could reduce the registration duration of registered .eth 2LDs posted by Nick.eth.
- This is a temp check, with the intention have have an open discussion about what the issue is, what it means, and whether the DAO should pass an executable to remedy the issue.
- Nick.eth already has code ready to go, as highlighted from the original forum post “We have published a security advisory on GitHub detailing the vulnerability and including code that will eliminate it.”
- There was no exposure to the Curve hack. Further information is available in the Minutes for Meta-Gov Meeting, August 1st.
Working Group Budgets have been covered in the prior calls.
- Confirm that budget is not going to a vote as there are no funds requested.
- Executable votes are for proposals which lead to treasury distribution or protocol upgrades
- Review the Q3/Q4 2023 Budget: ENS Public Goods Working Group
- Reiterate PGs are working with a reduced amount this term.
- The Total amount of 236k UDSC equivalent which is ~60% reduction from last term. (see January request [EP3.1.3] [Social] Q1/Q2 2023 Funding Request: PG WG)
- Reach out to Stewards if you have any feedback on you’d like to see focused on.
- Current focus is on more collaborations and reworking the processes we have.
- Danniel Hannum asked whether full amount of last term was allocated?
- The answer is it was allocated, however not all utilised. This could have been from overbudgeting. The remaining balance is now going to roll forward and Stewards wont be requesting more.
- Emmanuel ikwuoma asked if PG are still doing Small grants?
- Yes. Small grants are moved to quarterly. With 2 rounds this Term.
- Alisha asked about if there are rolling grants? Further commenting that a large cohort would value smaller amounts.
- Reduced amounts are being considered. It may not make sense to pay in bulk, and instead could allocate to rolling funds.
- GregSkril asked is there any ideal target week for that small grants rounds?
- Late Nov is good time, as well as possibly one in the coming weeks.
- Devonnct was noted for Nov 13-19, and ETHIstanbul Nov 17-19.
- There are opportunities to have grantees at devconnect.
- Stewards will sync on these opportunities and possible dates.
- Senad dilji asked about the Meetings calendar.
Angela from Token Engineering Academy
- TokenEngineering Academy were awarded a PG Working Group large grant recently and Angela came on the call to share how they put this money to work, the impact, and express appeciation – View the TE Academy Slide Deck shared during the call.
- Parts of the Large grant went toward two events they ran at the Ethereum Community Conference (ECC) in Paris.
- The goal of these events were to educate people about token engineering (TE) and its importance in crypto projects. With programs covering various topics such as token design, optimization, token valuation, measuring network health, lfecycle, and more. Additionally how to tackle fraud, scam and other challenges as a founder & project.
- On July 19th, Token Engineering Academy hosted a full day on one of the EthCC stages.
- This focused on integrating TE into projects and discussing challenges, legal aspects, and long-term growth strategies.
- It received positive feedback and attracted significant attention from attendees acros irl, livestreams, twitter and more.
- On July 22nd, another event was hosted with support from Token Engineering Commons and other sponsors.
- ENS was listed as a Supporter.
- It provided a space for the community to run sessions and workshops on various token engineering topics.
- They accepted 13 talks and have agreed with EthCC to do this again.
- Read the EthCC Writeup from Token Engineering Academy and Get in contract:
- Marcus (estmcmxci) asked who would consider taking this course? Who is it for?
- TE fundamentals course is for aspiring token engineers who want to build and design tokens with incentives. It includes topics: algorithm design, stakeholder motivations, sustainability.
- With Token engineering expertise being scarce, this program is made available for economics, math, and product background individuals.
- While ECC program targeted a wider audience - including crypto startups and focusing on teaching the economic layer of token systems, which is often not well understood.
- Angela emphasised education, among token engineers and broader community, as vital for driving token development and utility.
- Coltron highlighted the importance of sharing how grant money is used. That these kind of follow ups will be something they’ll do with other Grantees.