Small Grants Q3 2023 (Public Goods & Ecosystem)

@gregskril Still getting that 401 error so I have sent you our proposal over DM! :pray:

Question for the Stewards: Will the voting distribution be made public after the voting round has concluded? Pardon if this question has already been addressed elsewhere.

1 Like

The voting cards will be NFTs so it will be publicly visible who has one.

And the voting will use Snapshot as always which is also public and can be verified here.

1 Like

Thank you, Greg!

I thought this was brought up that; if a voter casts a vote, then that vote is essentially used for that round.

The ability to cast your vote across multiple projects doesnā€™t seem to resolve or create a more accurate measurement of voter choice.

For example in the case of ENS governance tokens in previous method.

If a single voter;
being one address,
that is holding ENS governance token(s).
Let one (1) token = one (1) vote.
Let this address possess 10 tokens.
Let this round have 5 proposals.
Let this Address cast 10 votes across any amount of proposals.

Address casts 10 votes in favor of four (4) proposals of five (5) total possible proposals.

This method does not accurately measure sentiment of choice voting.

But if the vote casted is not essentially used and subsequently applied to multiple proposals we donā€™t see a measurable difference in choice as the weight of ten (10) votes is applied to the four (4) proposals. Each are weighted equally and are undescernabley differenciated in the voters favor.

Now if the addresses ten (10) votes are used when votes are casted across four proposals then we will see des erable difference in voting favor as the possible outcome of 10 votes across 4 proposals becomes:

Prop 1: votes= 1
Votes remaining=9
Prop 2: votes=2
Votes remaining=7
Prop 3: votes=3
Votes remaining=4
Prop 4: votes=4
Votes remaining=0
Prop 5: votes=0

Number of votes can not be evenly applied across selected choices of voter.
The vote must register as used or spent in the voting logic as if it were being placed in an arcade game until the round is reset and the tokens are then collected and then redistributed to the players.

Whereas

@
Prop 1: votes= 10
Votes remaining=10
Prop 2: votes=10
Votes remaining=10
Prop 3: votes=10
Votes remaining=10
Prop 4: votes=10
Votes remaining=0
Prop 5: votes=0

Offers no measurable favor in choice.

So how is this new method using 1155 cards providing a more accurate measurement in voting favor ? The only variable being changed is the unit of vote from 100k to 1 per se. Am I missing something or misread a rule in place?

Also I think we should be careful on dubbing grant funds as ā€˜prizesā€™.
Perhaps change the title of this post to clarify about the cars since the conversation has been focused on this

I hope I am transposing my thoughts correctly.

Hey @accessor.eth,

Maybe I can describe this in a simpler way.

The NFT Card simply allows/permits you to be a voter in our small grants rounds.

Every voter has 1 vote to spend in the round, and they can break that 1 vote up however theyā€™d like across multiple proposals.

So, the following scenarios would be possible:

• Voter A assigns 100% of their vote to proposal #2

• Voter B assigns 80% of their vote to proposal #2 and 20% to proposal #4

• Voter C assigns 20% to proposal #4, 50% to proposal #6, and 30% to proposal #7

• Voter C assigns 10% of their vote to each of 10 different proposals

This type of voting leverages an existing snapshot strategy, and our Small Grants infra relies on Snapshot for a backend.

Hereā€™s an example of a recent round run by Epoch Zero that leveraged something very similar to this. Youā€™ll see the voters were POAP holders who each had a full power of 1 vote that they broke out across multiple choices in a flexible way.

I hope itā€™s clear now, but this is different from the previous method because there are no participants that are kingmakers due to their delegated $ENS voting power. In this scenario, every participant has the same amount of vote to give out however they see fit.

1 Like

So 1 voter card = alloted percentage of choice out of 100%?

2 Likes

Hi @gregskril, Iā€™m facing an error named ā€œError 401ā€ while publishing a proposal for the ENS small grant. Can you please let me know how we can resolve this and publish the proposal?

Hi @gregskril Iā€™m facing the same error while publishing. Since the deadline is very close, would appreciate your prompt help on this. Fingers crossed! Donā€™t want to miss this opportunity! :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot !

@Euphoria and @Nyx Iā€™ve sent you both DMs. Please take a look when you get a chance and Iā€™ll make sure youā€™re included!

Hi @gregskril

Iā€™m facing issues to submit the proposal. A 401 error each time I try to submit. Iā€™ve been trying to apply since the submissions were open. Now we are awfully close to the deadline. Can you help?

Thanks @gregskril ! Appreciate it!

Iā€™ve replied to your DMā€¦

@gregskril, Iā€™ve been facing the same issue since last night. Could you kindly lmk how to proceed?

@1cryptoshaman @amanwithwings and anybody else running into issues, please DM me on here with your proposal information. Iā€™m in the middle of a few IRL events currently so I may not respond immediately, but I will make sure you all get included

Apologies that this hasnā€™t gone as smoothly as in the past - many people are able to submit without a problem, and I havenā€™t been able to track down whatā€™s causing issues for the others.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply @gregskril, Iā€™ve sent it to you :white_check_mark:

If you have not participated in Small Grants rounds in the past, are not submitting to the current rounds, or are not a large $ENS delegate but would still like to participate in voting, feel free to fill out this quick form https://ensdao.deform.cc/small-grants-voter-card/

The original post in this thread will also be updated to include the link. It will be open until voting starts in a few days.

1 Like

Hey @gregskril Iā€™m receiving a 401 error when trying to submit an application. Could you please advise? Thanks.

What if one submitted three proposals, will the voting card be three or just one?

@gregskril Can you check the DMā€™s. I cant access the voting page to see if my proposal has been uploaded as well. Iā€™d DMed you before deadline was over regarding the proposal.

Love the experiment with small grants.

Are all ERC-1155 cards distributed to voters?