Unknown ENS name errors

Purchased 2 ENS names Monsterz.eth and Moonchaser.eth . Instead of the blue graphic representation of the domain name in my MetaMask wallet I get “unknown ENS name”. When searched on opensea no results found for the domain names. I can however see them on the ETH blockchain explorer.
This is what I see in my wallet

Is this something anyone is aware of ?

Hi. This is still an issue using MetaMask Mobile.
I have the same “Unknown ENS name” error message, however different “#” value (#1088…).

Did you happen to find a solution for this?

Note: When looking at the ENS domain in Open Sea the image above “Unknown ENS Name” reads “Content not available yet”. Even though that both did show at the time I initially ordered it.

Hey everyone. I too am receiving an “Unknown ENS name” message, but I’m using Coinbase wallet. Opensea can’t find it just like Safnavs issue. I have purchased 3 others before this one with no issue. The name in question is lasolas.eth. Any ideas or anywhere to turn to resolve the issue? Bummer…

I think this was solved on another thread (if it is the same issue) - see here: Question about new ENS Domain

Hopefully that solves the issue.

EDIT: Please give the props to @daylon.eth if this does work as it was his solution :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m having a somewhat similar issue. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated:

I recently purchased an ENS domain “totallydope.eth” and it shows the transaction went through on the ens app … however, it only shows up as “Unknown ENS Name” on my OpenSea wallet (MetaMask) – and my Zerion wallet (and Etherscan) show it as a “Failed Transaction” and/or “Fail”. Apparently the transaction value increased after I approved the value (just the blockchain was going crazy with transactions/gas). So … what do I do? I’m unable to re-do the transaction. It shows on my ens account, but everywhere else (such as EtherScan), it’s a failed transaction with no recourse that I know of. Please advise… thank you! Transaction hash: 0x74e3292058cf3e5f73df493956d5fb591639b70d1fdb3d6b344ea9b688ad4552

It seems like everything went through just fine in another tx (0xa697466f8e3f481732f3ba186bbd7856245276ad8ae9b7c1bf08ae5cdf6b8d02)

Problems regarding OpenSea, I used to solve it by clicking their “I know this name”. No need to have your wallet connected; just type in the matching .eth name. In case you have multiple “Unknown ENS Name” errors like I did, you can find which domain is for which TokenID by decoding the input data of the registerWithConfig transactions on Etherscan.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Thank you. Indeed seems to have resolved itself. Appreciate the additional practical tips.

1 Like