Hello and welcome to the Ethereum Name Service DAO Newsletter!
As always, new editions are published on the 1st and 15th of every month.
We encourage any feedback, questions, or comments!
After running from June 8th to the 23rd, Gitcoin Grants Round 14 has finally come to a close. ENS has provided a matching pool of $42K for projects supporting the mission of ENS and ENS DAO.
Below are three of the top funded projects from GR14 from members of the ENS DAO community:
- ENS DAO Newsletter by Daylon.eth is a bi-weekly summary of the developments and happenings within the Ethereum Name Service DAO and its Working Groups. – Lifetime Funding Received: $2617
- ETH Leaderboard by gregskril.eth, the ETH Leaderboard is a website and bot that tracks Twitter accounts with .eth names. – Lifetime Funding Received: $9057
- Gwei Fund Me by gregskril.eth Gwei Fund Me aims to be the “Buy Me a Coffee” of crypto, built around ENS. – Lifetime Funding Received: $1565
Thank you all so much for the generosity and support!
|bobjiang.eth||coltron.eth||anthonyware.eth / Anthony|
|validator.eth||simona.eth / Simona||ceresstation.eth / Scott|
|[EP#][Executable] Funding True Names Ltd||Draft|
|[EP#][Social] Code of Conduct (2022)||Draft|
For details on the ENS DAO proposal process see our Governance Docs.
The community working group subgroups will be dispersed among the three existing working groups to meet needs of the DAO. A term retrospective can be found here
The ENS DAO had a presence at ETHNewYork. Slobo.eth performed judging duties at the hackathon, while the Community Working Group held a small happy hour for DAO Members and holders of ENS Names on June 24th. There were 105 confirmed on the guest list with approximately 50-60 people that attending throughout the night. Community Steward, @validator.eth, donated two ENS Consitution books for a raffle. The winners were @seanwbren and @financeguy74. ENS DAO t-shirts, stickers and a IYK enabled POAP were also available to claim. A tweet about the raffle can be found on the ENS DAO twitter account.
ENS Ecosystem: related to the continuing development and improvement of the ENS protocol and ecosystem, with a focus on all technical matters related to ENS.
The Ecosystem Working Group held two meetings in late June, on the 21st and 27th. More information about what was discussed in the meetings can be found here:
- Prioritize autonomy in Sub Groups
- Slobo.eth particpated in ETHNYC Hackathon as a Judge
- TNL will fund Code4rena Audit for the following contracts:
- Name wrapper
- .eth registrar controller
- Reverse registrar
- Public resolver
The first term two meeting for the meta-governace subgroup will take place, tentatively, on July 12th. This event will be posted in the ENS Master calendar when it is confirmed by the MG stewards.
Public Goods: related to the amplification of ENS as a Public Good and funding Public Goods within the ENS ecosystem and more broadly in web3.
This section is dedicated to highlighting contributors who provide information about the utility of the ENS Protocol.
Congrats to the constitution winners last night, @seanwbren and @financeguy74!— ensdao.eth (@ENS_DAO) June 25, 2022
This was the first official DAO meet-up and we were glad to bring everyone together. See you at the next one. 👀
Also, a major thanks to @__iyk for the POAP disc and Helen’s New York for the venue! pic.twitter.com/uz5f9pLA7l
hi everyone.— taytems.eth (@taytemss) June 24, 2022
today we're releasing the first alpha for the new ENS app (and more)https://t.co/LiouyC6wfK
Taytems.eth announces first alpha for the new ENS app. The update includes mobile friendly layouts, better search experience, more accessibility, faster load times and more
You can check out the alpha site here: https://alpha.ens.domains/
- Follow the ENS DAO and ENS DAO Newsletter accounts on Twitter.
- Sync up with our Community Working Group and join our governance forum!
- Join our weekly onboarding call every Friday at 1:30 pm EST (6:30pm UTC) to learn about our DAO, governance process, $ENS Tokens, and current projects.
- Join on our Discord to chat about ENS or speak to a moderator.
- Visit our Governance Docs.
According to the Twitter account ENS Sales Bot, the top five .eth name sales (letters) of the past two weeks were:
- golf.eth - 15Ξ (~$16100)
- zoé.eth - 6.5Ξ (~$7000)
- cope.eth - 5Ξ (~$5350)
- cramer.eth - 4.1Ξ (~$4400)
- term.eth - 4Ξ (~$4300)
(approximate exchange rate as of Jul 1, 2022)
Exploring the latest NFT scam - “I got an NFT airdrop from an unknown collection into my wallet with a 1 WETH offer. What’s going on? Is it safe to accept?”
Please see this excellent thread by @0xfoobar for a detailed explanation of how this elaborate scam works.
Thank you very much for reading! Take care.