ENS shirt campaign

When i first pitched this project—there were only ~600,000 names registered.

Now sitting at 2,500,000 +

Pretty crazy. thats roughly 9,000 names per day.

sorry tldr, how is it going now? is there an official site to buy some yet?

2 Likes

Hi Spongky.

There is! You can check out the available merch here - ensmerchshop.xyz

2 Likes

Can artists from the community potentially submit ENS inspired art works to maybe work in collaboration / commission with the offical merch store?

I think this could be an amazingly powerful way to create a strong relationship with the web3 / NFT communities.

I have some ENS art work that I think would be great if printed on to merch.

I’d love to show some examples of what I have created if interested

Regards

:dizzy::handshake:

We have discussed this thoroughly last year. Customized art work seems to be a bit of a challenge on small scale orders. I’m not sure how much ENS merchandise is actually being sold. That being said, if you wanted to make a artwork for customized merchandise, you will probably have to find a producer to procure what you want on your own time. The cost for small order customization comparing to the demand is too high.

1 Like

After a user registers an ENS name they should see a link to "Support the ENS Ecosystem - Buy an ENS Shirt or Hat for Yourself or Someone You :heart: (or maybe you just love yourself - that’s ok too)

There should be a coupon code or a discount built into the link.

This can be completely intrusive and won’t bother anyone but it’s a great time to market while eyeballs on on the screen…

Cheesy as hell in my view

Think it’ll all be too much work for the reward (if there is any at all)

These days if you really want custom merch for yourself it’s really not that hard to do yourself locally

With due respect - a campaign like this is perfect for the type of mainstream users that would be using MoonPay to purchase domains. They are new to blockchain and possibly want to show off their new-found involvement to friends, family and their community. Those users are not making their own merch - they are getting involved because we made it easier for them to do so, and there’s a good chance of them purchasing merch because we made it easy to do so.

You did inadvertently bring up a great point with your most-awesome negativity (thank you for that) - possibly the flow can be customized so that users of MoonPay get the option to shop for merchandise after the purchase!

1 Like

Do you own a shirt or hat with your Twitter handle on it? Facebook? Instagram? Your bank account details? Etc etc

My bet is you own none of the above or would ever even think about owning one

What you speak of and what I’m suggesting is apples to oranges. You don’t agree, understand or see value to my suggestion - that’s perfectly ok. We are a diverse group and we all have different life and work experience - of course we’re not all going to see eye to eye on many things. Some will understand where I’m coming from based on their knowledge and experience and some will not.

I agree with you that we all come from different places with different experiences and different life skills and see things differently, what may work in your eyes might not work in reality for the mass public and it just being a small amount of people who use it

The real data would be how many people have bought hats, I’m sure % wise there was a big rush at the start, I even considered it, but has drifted off to a small amount now with only a few orders going out max per week, if any

The question is:

Is it really worth the hassle, or is it going to take up man hours and money that could be used elsewhere for a bigger positive impact

1 Like

We are talking about not more than a couple of hours worth of work to implement this. For your info, at my level of experience, nothing is about my eyes - it’s always from the perspective of the mass public…my feelings don’t come into play when it comes to business. Its not clicking for you because you don’t have the level of experience to understand who the target is, why they are the target, how they will respond and what it will take to convert them. As was said before, some will understand and some will not. It is completely clear where you are coming from and no matter what is said, you will reject it because it is converse to your feelings. No need to go back and forth.

:rofl: :rofl:

This isn’t a shill at all, but the Merch doesn’t need to be just names / numbers…

There are endless ways in which the beautiful “OG” ENS logo can be conceptualised:

https://opensea.io/collection/888meta8

Just some food for thought anyway. Cheers guys!

1 Like

There are quite a few people that do

This has been put to proposal. And there are people that are in charge of this initiative chosen by the stewards.

Twitter: @GeneralMagicIo

Or you can contact @Griff if there are any inquiries

Or please hold for the next available representative :smiley:

I know there is, but are there enough people interested in doing this to commit time and $$$ to make it available fully, or is it just a small niche market that will never expand up ?

That is the question I’m asking

What are the sales figures for the hats, as this should give an indication of the interest

2 Likes