{pRFP} ENS Avatar PFP

That’s definitely very cool. Can you try estmcmxci.eth? :grimacing:

1 Like

Ok, here is one more. Chose a different color palette for you! :wink:
estmcmxci.eth

I’m as excited as you to see the result for different names.
So I will focus on building the tool so you can try it for yourself.
I’ll implement configuration options for adjusting the pattern and the colors.
Will try to finish it this week.

1 Like

I really like this. Can you do mine with yellow on black please?

1 Like

Sorry, but I have to ask you to wait a few days until the tool is online.
I’m sure many would like to try it and I won’t be able to do it for everyone.
So please be patient :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Not to clog up the thread, but hearing in Google Meet a little more about this RFP I will be sending each submissions 100 :heart: and the winning art/artists 1,000 :heart:.

@thenftverse.eth I already added you to a list of submissions, @Makery and @ColorUnit if you add your ENS to your Forum profile or DM me I’ll add you too.

4 Likes

Very good. Thank you for your work.

I would like to make a suggestion.

Is it possible to add a level 1 or level 2 category option, before the user generates the image. For example, level one would be, country or region category, animal category, occupation category, emotion category, etc. Level 2 would be, under the country category, USA, UK, China, etc. These categories can have built-in options or be user-defined and created automatically by AI to give the images more personalized characteristics.

Since I’ve recently looked at some of the AI auto-paintings, I think this is a viable suggestion.

2 Likes

This is a collaborative proposal between artists, Io Garcia from Venezuela and Hannah from the US. We would be happy to answer any questions you have. Thank you for the opportunity!

8 Likes

Thanks for sharing @bigwideworld :heart:

2 Likes

The pRFP doesn’t mention whether there should be customization options for the user.
But the artworks can definitely be customized.
We could have categories for two main characteristics of the pattern. Category names can be decided later on. And I would like to give the user the option to choose from a list of gradients, or manually choose the colors, if the DAO decides to provide customization options for the avatar.
Thanks for the suggestion and your support :pray:t3:

1 Like

Hello Artists!
Great News, we have extended our deadline! We wanted to allow the artists who have reached out a better opportunity to submit. We have extended by 2 weeks.
Thank you!

5 Likes

Hello again! :wave:
Good news, the generator is ready. It took a bit longer than I expected but I’m happy with the result.
It gives you 5 different configuration options. “Distance” and “Dynamic” are the ones that affect the final pattern the most. It was hard to come up with a name for them, I tried to describe their effects. Try them out and you’ll see. “Draw Points” are the number of points that move on the canvas and draw the lines. “Iterations” is basically the drawing duration. And “Vibrance” sets the opacity (alpha channel) of the lines. The colors are fully customizable too. You can choose from gradient presets or create your own gradient.

The server is powerful enough for testing, but it might slow down if there are too many requests. Currently with the default config it takes around 15s to return the result. If it takes longer than 60s to generate, it will fail. You can reduce “Iterations” or “Draw Points” and try again.

It’s possible to share the configuration using the URL.
You also have the option to download the result. The file name includes the config too.

There won’t be any major changes to this PoC as I think it serves the purpose. The seed generation code is final too. It gives you a good overview of what is possible. I would leave it to you to decide which options should be constant and which ones should the user be able to change.
These config values can easily be tied to trait names or categories if needed.

Feel free to suggest any improvements of the UI.
I can do improvements for the duration of the evaluation.
Let me know if you have any questions.

I hope these artworks will bring joy to every ENS user one day. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

This is the coolest generative project I’ve seen in a long time. Awesome work!

If this doesn’t win the PFP competition, I would definitely like to see it adapted into an interface that allows minting after you find a permutation you like. I would pay for some.

2 Likes

Fantastic effort @ColorUnit. Love the innovation and the creativity.

2 Likes

Thanks @daylon.eth :pray: Glad you like it.

Yeah, I’ve been thinking about it.
I can promise that it will be an NFT project for sure, if it’s not chosen as (one of the) default ENS avatar(s).

Thank you @Neal :pray: appreciate your support! :rose:

2 Likes

I love the necklace

2 Likes

Cool, I just tested one

2 Likes

Love the avatars from @bigwideworld and the abstracts from @ColorUnit . Another reason that I don’t think there should be one official but we need to think how to incentivize many types of these. Like giving a small grant for cool avatars that make “virtual nfts” for all eth names.

4 Likes

Hello community,

I heard you were looking for an unlimited supply of generative images. I have a simple but powerful solution. Colors and squares. If you want a near infinite supply of images, you need focus around patterns & colors. A 10x10 grid with a hex color picker is more than enough runway for far more than 10 billion possible iterations.

The end goal here is to make ENS your de facto Web3 brand identifier. Words are strong brand identifiers. Colors are the other half to that equation. A focus around colors can be ambiguous, specific, neutral, and would support the idea of using your ENS as a brand identifier. Similar to how people choose which words they register, we would want to let people choose which colors are in their randomly generated pattern. The ability to not only pick the colors, but also the option to regenerate and select a final choice before minting would add another gamification layer as people would hunt for the most appealing patterns; similar to how we hunt for the most appealing string of characters. This way you’re given the ability to choose, but you’re also faced with the fear of missing out on a pattern that you may never see again.
If we want unlimited images, we want randomly generated patterns. If we want factions and personalization, we add colors.

Ideally this would be a script implemented into the registry, so I didn’t attempt to really create layers to do this manually or attempt to write code that I am unfamiliar with executing. I imagine it would just require a grid layer and then some code to fill in the squares with color. It took me one google search to find a website that did this for me. The website I used to create these examples was http://randomstripes.com. I imagine it would not be extremely difficult to have a similar program implemented into the registry.
*The logo placement and text size/font in these examples could probably be optimized, but the main idea here is the images behind them.

• 000x.eth
3 Likes

Welcome @000x.eth and thanks for sharing a simple yet clever idea.

It certainly solves the problem of (almost) infinite images.

2 Likes

ENS Avatar PFP

This series is a design partnership between Autumn Phaneuf and James Richad Fry.
You can find them here on Twitter.

Autumn: https://twitter.com/1autumn_leaf

James: https://twitter.com/jamesrichardfry

Timeline to complete: 21-45 days

Sample Design: See End of Document for small version. Please click here for Large Version ENS Logos - Google Docs

How did this theme come about?

Let’s play with color, mood, and abstract design. With very large collections, like ENS Domains, needing 10 billion (or more) designs, we want to have features that are eye catching, unique, and recognizable. Albeit the design has an soft transition at first glance, we observe the boldness of the the gradients and the power of color.

The solution is novel; we create a powerful piece that embodies the future of ENS while integrating and encapsulating it within the hexagon, a symbol of sacred geometry. This also nicely incorporates the look for the Twitter verification for the hexagon when using an NFT PFP.

Other information:

Backgrounds: N>>10,000,000,000 avatars, were N = number of backgrounds

Rounded hexagon (hexi): embodies sacred geometry, and plays to the hexagon Twitter NFT PFP. You can use this as a unique, verified PFP.

Colors: HEX Codes = 16,777,216 colors

ENS symbol: The ENS logo

Combinations: Using just one, 2 color L-R diagonal gradient with all of the HEX codes, (with a white hexagon and white ENS symbol,) we have over 281,474,959,933,440 combinations for backgrounds. This surpasses the expectations of 10,000,000,000 combinations of colors for the profile pictures.

By rotating the two color gradients into L-R diagonal, R-L diagonal, top-bottom, and side-side, with smooth and a 42x42 pixelation we get 2,251,799,679,467,520 combinations of backgrounds. The number keeps increasing from there… We are way past the 10 billion combinations that we need, not including the other backgrounds and assets.

Backgrounds:

Smooth Gradient
Gradient L-R Diagonal (uses 2 colors)
Gradient R-L Diagonal (uses 2 colors)
Gradient Top-Bottom (uses 2 colors)
Gradient Side-Side (uses 2 colors)
Gradient 2 Three colors L-R Diagonal (uses 3 colors)
Gradient 2 Three colors R-L Diagonal (uses 3 colors)
Gradient 2 Three colors Top-Bottom (uses 3 colors)
Gradient 2 Three colors Side-Side (uses 3 colors)
Tri color Base of triangle at top (uses 3 colors)
Tri color Base of triangle at bottom (uses 3 colors)
Diamond (uses 4 colors)
Square (uses 4 colors)
Pentagram base at top (uses 5 colors)
Pentagram base at bottom (uses 5 colors)
Hexagon base at top (uses 6 colors)
Hexagon base at side (uses 6 colors)

42x42 Grid
Gradient L-R Diagonal (uses 2 colors)
Gradient R-L Diagonal (uses 2 colors)
Gradient Top-Bottom (uses 2 colors)
Gradient Side-Side (uses 2 colors)
Gradient 2 Three colors L-R Diagonal (uses 3 colors)
Gradient 2 Three colors R-L Diagonal (uses 3 colors)
Gradient 2 Three colors Top-Bottom (uses 3 colors)
Gradient 2 Three colors Side-Side (uses 3 colors)
Tri color Base of triangle at top (uses 3 colors)
Tri color Base of triangle at bottom (uses 3 colors)
Diamond (uses 4 colors)
Square (uses 4 colors)
Pentagram base at top (uses 5 colors)
Pentagram base at bottom (uses 5 colors)
Hexagon base at top (uses 6 colors)
Hexagon base at side (uses 6 colors)
Random 42x42 colors in rainbow with Black logo
Random 42x42 colors in rainbow with White logo

Other combinations will incorporate the backgrounds above, or similar: hexi symbol outline, inner hexi symbol background, and ENS logo can also change colors!

4 Likes