We, the Meta-Governance working group, are issuing an RFP for a qualified individual or firm to draft a comprehensive set of DAO bylaws that can be enacted by social vote of the ENS DAO and serve as operating documents for the governance of the DAO going forward. These should be written in an easily comprehensible and unambiguous fashion similar to the existing EP1.8 Working Group rules.
Ideally, these should be written as a “DAO Operating System” that can be easily modified and adopted by other DAOs, and will be licensed under a Creative-Commons CC-BY-SA license.
The bylaws should incorporate existing DAO documentation and best practices, including:
- The DAO Governance Process docs
- The moderator checklists for proposals
- EP1.8 working group rules
- Any other obligations imposed on the DAO by existing passed votes.
At a minimum, the bylaws will govern:
- Rules for operation of working groups, as adopted from EP1.8.
- Processes and procedures for proposing and enacting DAO-wide votes.
- Processes for creating and amending these bylaws.
- The DAO’s obligations and responsibilities relating to the ongoing governance of the endowment, including establishing responsibility for auditing any changes to the fund manager’s permissions.
- Means for the DAO to instruct the ENS Foundation to take action on its behalf.
- Establishment of a role responsible for administering the DAO’s governance documentation and processes, and keeping these materials up to date.
- Any other rules deemed necessary.
This RFP will be open for two weeks, closing on the 8th of January. Interested parties should submit their response by forum DM to @Meta-Gov_Stewards. Respondents should include a resume, cover letter, and fee schedule.
The Meta-Governance WG stewards will review all submissions by January 15th, and announce the selected party to the DAO via the Meta-Governance WG call and on this forum. We reserve the right to forgo appointing anyone in the event that there are no acceptable submissions.
After that date, the MG WG will work closely with the selected party to draft a new set of bylaws, which will be available for review and comment by the DAO in advance of a social vote proposing their adoption.