Steward Nominations — ENS Ecosystem WG

Steward Nominations are now open!

To nominate yourself to be a steward of the ENS Ecosystem working group, complete the steps below before 9am UTC on June 9.

Nomination Process

To nominate yourself as a steward of the ENS Ecosystem working group, follow these three steps:

Step 1

Reply to this post with the following information:

• Link to Snapshot: (fill this in after Step 2)
  • Preferred Name and/or ENS name:
  • Forum username:
  • Twitter profile link (optional):
  • Why do you think you would be a good steward of this working group?

Step 2

Create a Snapshot vote in the ENS WG Steward Nomination space here. Select “New Proposal” and use the following template:

Template

• Title: [[Name of working group]] Nominate [your preferred name or ENS name]
    example: [ENS Ecosystem] Nominate jefflau.eth

• Body: copy and past your forum reply from above which includes:

• Your preferred name/ENS name
    • Forum username
    • Twitter profile link (optional)
    • Why you think you would be a good steward of this working group

Vote Timing

• Select the start date and time as your current local date and time
  • Select the end date as the equivalent of 9am UTC June 9 in your local time
  • For help converting timezones, please consult this website.

Step 3

Once you have replied and created a Snapshot vote, you can edit your forum post in this thread and include a link to your Snapshot vote.

After successfully nominating yourself to be a steward, you are able to campaign for 10k votes in support of your nomination on Snapshot.

Any nominee with 10k votes supporting their steward nomination will be included in the ballot for the steward election of this working group.

Important Dates

The nomination window for stewards will be open from 9am UTC on June 6 to 9am UTC on June 9 for the second term of 2022.

The steward election will start at 9am UTC on June 10, 2022 and remain open for 120 hours. The three steward nominees with the most votes will be offered the role of steward in the relevant working group, based on the order in which they are ranked.

Write-Access

In order to nominate yourself as a steward, you must have write-access to all of the categories in the governance forum. Please submit the Participant Request form if you require write-access. If you have submitted the form and have not received a response it is because there is an invalid entry in your form. Please resubmit the Participant Request form.

Please reserve replies to this post for nominations only. If you have any questions please post them in the the ‘how it will work’ post here.

3 Likes

Snapshot: Snapshot
Preferred Name: slobo.eth
Forum username: slobo.eth
Twitter profile link: https://twitter.com/AlexSlobodnik

Why do you think you would be a good steward of this working group?

As a current ecosystem steward, I’m well positioned to build on the progress the ENS ecosystem working group has accomplished so far. This includes:

1. Setting out a budget process administrating it appropriately
  2. Running 15+ weekly calls with clear agendas and post call notes on the forums
  3. Supporting projects such as ethleader, ens.vision, and individual contributors that help grow the ecosystem
  4. Implementing process enhancement software like pacel.money
  5. Acting as a liaison between the community WG, TNL, and ENS ecosystem WG

In addition, as an active builder in web3 that deeply relies on ENS I’m well positioned to provide a builder’s perspective.

6 Likes

Snapshot : Snapshot
Preferred Name : bobjiang.eth
Forum username : bobjiang
Twitter profile link : https://twitter.com/bobjiang123

I have served ENS ecosystem steward for the first term, and I enjoyed my time on it. I have worked on 1. introducing ENS into China market, 2. introducing projects into ENS ecosystem, 3. coordinate Chinese translation for learn doc (in progress). I hope you could support me to continue the 2nd term for the steward.

6 Likes

Link to Snapshot: https://snapshot.org/#/nominations.ens.eth/proposal/0x3b82cde6fb1bc5aab9dad70f0cb4d2615f37076ff543400a27a55b3b83ea04b9
Preferred Name and/or ENS name: jefflau.eth
Forum username: jefflau.eth
Twitter profile link: https://twitter.com/_jefflau
I have been building ENS as a core developer since 2017 and the longest standing member of TNL aside from Nick Johnson. My contributions have been the development of the V1 and V2 of the manager as well as overseeing the development of the current unreleased V3 app. In addition I have also been developing the next suite of core smart contracts that we are planning to release to improve the UX, gas cost and adding additional features. I believe my current work would allow me to be well placed to discuss ENS ecosystem topics and issues and how it would help move the protocol forward.

I believe in the future of ENS protocol and the ENS DAO as a means for facilitating the long term future of the protocol. I would like to continue to advise, inform and discuss ecosystem issues as a core developer and as member of the community as an ecosystem steward.

6 Likes

Snapshot: Snapshot.
Preferred Name: neiman.eth
Forum username: neiman
Twitter profile link: https://twitter.com/neiman30

I am involved with ENS itself since the beginning of 2019, and I am active with ENS DAO from the day that it was established.

I’m also a pioneer of the .eth websites field (with my previous project, Almonit, and the current one, esteroids.eth). I spend all of my waking hours promoting and developing the .eth website technology, which is one of the main use-cases of ENS.

I participated in many calls of the Ecosystem WG in Q1&Q2. I co-established the .eth websites SG under the Ecosystem WG. Among other things, I managed monthly meetings of the SG, organized .eth websites competitions, and was a very active participant in ENS forum discussions about a variety of topics.

The ENS Ecosystem is important to me, and a steward position is the best one for me to help it grow.

5 Likes

Snapshot: Link

Preferred Name: limes.eth

Forum username: limes

Twitter profile link: https://twitter.com/EnlightenedLime

As a steward in the Community WG, I’m well acquainted with the ENS DAO and its parts. I have rapport with the current established members and would push the following goals.

1. Compensating teams and individuals who move the needle as it pertains to adoption of decentralized identity. I believe this is a beneficial cycle that benefits all in the web3 (win and help win)
  2. Coordinate with DAO tooling projects to develop DAO infrastructure
  3. Highlight projects that incorporate ENS and promote their utility using the ENS DAO platform

In addition, I’m a crypto accountant at a large US based institutional firm. My experience there makes me knowledgeable about the space in ways of best practices among large crypto companies. Using this knowledge we can take best practices and apply them within the DAO.

1 Like

Snapshot:Link

Preferred Name: validator.eth/Kevin

Forum username: validator.eth

Twitter profile link: [https://twitter.com/ValidatorEth]

Over the first term I served as a steward of the Community working group. As Support Lead for True Names Limited it is my role to serve the projects and builders in the ENS ecosystem. I’d be honored to be a steward in the second term and continue growing ENS adoption.

3 Likes