Attendees: alisha.eth, carlosdp.eth, coltron.eth, gregskril.eth, hellenstans.eth, Jordan Stastny, mmmurthy.eth, oakgroup.eth, Sam Bronstein, Shreyas Hariharan
Upcoming DAO Events with MG involvement
- GR15 next week with a Grantee Workshop on Wednesday.
- A Q3 report will be prepared and delivered by the stewards and secretary at the end of the month with an overview of working group projects and funding items.
- A mid-quarter update from TNL was posted by Khori this week. View it here.
- Completed by Mahesh. Planned to be implemented this week pending final reviews.
- The demo of this banner can be found at https://forumdemo.showkarma.xyz/. Please provide feeback by messaging the meta-gov stewards or repsonding to this post.
- The Endowmen is expected to be sent to a DAO vote to this week. It is available to discuss on the forum.
- The DAO vote will be a request for approval of the meta-gov working group to oversee the selection and management of the fund manager as outlined in the RFP specification.
- Questions were fielded from potential applicants and community members on the call.
- Q: Would the fund manager directly be allocating and have custody of the funds?
- A: Fund management will occur via on-chain governance without custody by the fund manager. The fund manager will not be able to withdraw funds themselves. The RFP prioritizes proposals that “minimise custodial risk by using on-chain mechanisms that allow administration of the funds without the fund administrator having custody of the funds.”
- Q: Will every operation require approval by the DAO?
- A: Fund manager will have pre-defined allowable operations that can occur without approval. This achieves lightweight fund management while still using on-chain governance where appropriate.
- Other discussion points
- This fund management will not include the ENS governance tokens.
- The ideal structure will separate the asset management from the operational component of the DAO.
- The initial size of the fund will account for operational funding needs. It is understood that the timeline for the endowment to sustain core operations may be longer-term.
- The UI has been updated using Thorin!
- A GitHub repo will be established to house this and other DAO-run projects.
- Simona will be establishing a collaborative doc to brainstorm priorities for data that the DAO find’s valuable for a terminal.
- A FigJam has also been created for async brainstorming on metrics.
- eth.link is currently down.
- Additional news on this event should be available as the name approaches return to the registry on September 5th.
- To prevent any malicious activity, use eth.limo or eth.domains an alternative services.