Time/Day – 12pm ET (4pm UTC) every Thursday
Google Meet Link – meet.google.com/ecv-oizn-psi
Please reach out to @slobo.eth if you would like to present on a future call.
- Project Highlights
- ENS core updates
- Review any upcoming events with ENS involvement
- ETHcc July 17-20
- Term 3 Spending Summary Final
- Open space for additional topics
- ENS Ecosystem Working Group Grants
slobo.eth, limes.eth, 184.eth, joshua “0xWizardOfOz” Hernandez, maintainer, coltron.eth, lydia, yungSB, cap, vincent(zadok7.eth), alexandro netto, 5pence.eth, thomas clowes, jerome bernard, sydmead - eth.limo, premm.eth, gregskril, coltron.eth, mailchain ‘verycozy.eth’, yungsb, llydia, j eth, lakshman sankar, atanda david, tyler caldonia, hellenstans.eth, Rasmus (cthulu.eth).
Magic🪞.eth | MagicMirror.one
- Magic🪞 is a native Web3 browser that can be instantiated inside of any typical browser or application browser view, making it an incredibly versatile tool. Magic🪞.eth means to normalize consent based browsing for a reconnecting world.
- Their demo shared how users can:
- utilise AI to build websites, upload records to ipfs & update name content hash, tools for browsing web3 & keeping track of websites being created, and more.
- Find more information in their forum post HERE and in their recent Small Grants application - HERE
What do you want from community?
- Go on & use it: we welcome all feedback and features you’d like to see.
- It’s designed to be browser view - not trying to look a particular way - and so you can go to settings and make selections, and we can build/customise for you.
- ENS Labs shared in the recent Town Hall (HERE: starts ~2min)
- including unveiling their Roadmap.
- and feature request button in corner (This is the best place to drop ideas to Labs).
- Labs team are well represented across Europe in upcoming events.
- GM from ETH Barcelona - Stop by the ENS Booth and say hello
Happening Now - ETH Barcelona
- @gregskril, @Limes @alisha.eth, @coltron.eth & @vegayp are currently at ETH BCN
|July 17-20||ETH CC||@limes, @slobo.eth, @coltron.eth, @gregskril, @lucemans, @matoken.eth, @sadaf.eth, @Marta|
|July 21-23||ETH Global Paris||@limes, @gregskril, @lucemans|
- ‘From Paris with Limes.eth’
- Register for the upcoming ENS Social Event at ETHCC Paris, on July 18th 6:30-10:30pm. Go to lu.ma/ensparis
If you’d like to connect with ENS folks at these events, reach out in advance on Twitter or Telegram
Spending Summary - Working Groups Term 1, 2023, has been updated to include additional rolling grants and reflect ETH price changes.
- Combined WG spending balance is ~1.6m, with distribution remaining about the same.
- ~85% is going to builders, with other allocations including irl events, steward comp and other support spending
ENS Town Hall
- ENS Town Hall Q2 2023 was held last week - it was the longest Town Hall yet, and clocked in at just over 2 hours.
Watch the stream on Youtube HERE (Ecosystem from 54:07).
Catch up on all the highlights with THIS tweet thread.
ENSIP-14 progress was discussed
- ENSIP14 On Chain Source Parameter tracks how platforms register names and may be useful in incentivising registration platforms.
- Alexandro Netto | ENS Profile | Twitter shared updates.
- Read the Forum thread: Proposal to replace ENS14
- Read the Github: ENSIP-14: On Chain Source Parameter
- Check out the dune dashboard by @taytems | ENS Profile | twitter
- Gregskril added context; the ‘unknown source’ prior to May 2023, accounts for registrations before labs and many others had implemented this.
Immutable .eth Websites
- @gregskril was at ETH waterloo Hackathon last week building on thhe namewrapper
- This utilised earlier namewrapper building by @serenae, which was shared to the forum:
- Ecosystem WG distributes larger grants on a rolling basis.
- You can apply anytime with this deform. The evaluation process takes ~4 weeks, and unsuccessful applications can also reapply in future.